The importance of having tea with staff - Turnaround quick hit
Surveying and informally talking to line staff are important in a business turnaround because employees often have valuable insights and ideas that can contribute to the success of the turnaround. This action, in addition to speaking to the department heads contributes importantly to the turnaround success for the following reasons:
1. Employee perspectives: Employees have a unique perspective on the company's operations, processes, and customer interactions, which can help identify areas for improvement.
2. Problem-solving: Employees may have practical solutions to challenges and problems faced by the company, which can help save time and resources.
3. Increased engagement: Engaging with employees and involving them in the turnaround process can increase their engagement and motivation, which can positively impact the company's performance.
4. Improved communication: Surveying and talking to staff can improve communication between management and employees, leading to a more positive and productive work environment.
5. Better buy-in: Including staff in the turnaround process can help build buy-in for the changes being implemented, leading to a smoother and more successful transition.
Points 1 and 2 are important to the information flow, and points 3 to 5 are important to contributing to the employee engagement for the turnaround success. It's important to keep in mind that surveying and talking to staff is only one piece of a comprehensive business turnaround strategy, and the results of these conversations should be used in conjunction with other sources of information to inform decision-making. It is important to keep the conversations confidential to earn trust and a continuous flow of information.